Customer Service Representative Position
Prestonsburg City’s Utilities Commission has an immediate need for a qualified individual to fill the vacant position of Custom Service Representative in the Commission’s main office in Prestonsburg.
Full time Position
Normal Working Hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
The work associated with this position includes but is not limited to the following:
- Accepting utility payments from walk-in customers as well as paymets received by U.S. Mail and by telephone from customers desiring to pay with a credit card.
- Balancing, at the end of the shift each day, the cash drawer utilized during the workday while accepting customer payments and preparing a bank deposit generated by the day’s customer payment activity.
- Receiving utility customer concerns/complaints either in person or by telephone and if needed generating a Commission work order from which the appropriate department will investigate the concern/complaint.
- Making calls to utility customers from time to time to address Commission and/or customer issues and follow ups.
Candidates must possess:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- At least two years of experience in a customer service work environment
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to multitask in a work environment that brings new challenges each day.
Prestonsburg City’s Utilities offers a very competitive hourly wage and outstanding benefit package including but not limited to:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Short term and long term disability insurance
Applications for this position may be picked up between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm at the Commission offices at 2560 South Lake Drive, Prestonsburg, KY 41653
Employment Application Procedures
The information contained in this bulletin does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract of employment. The provisions contained in this bulletin are subject to change without notice at the discretion of the Prestonsburg City’s Utilities. Offers of employment are contingent upon the applicant’s driving record being acceptable to PCUC’s insurance carrier, successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination (which includes drug screening), clearance by a pre-placement background check, and verifying his/her right to be legally employed in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Prestonsburg City’s Utilities (PCUC) is an equal opportunity employer and all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment. PCUC will recruit, hire, and promote the best qualified individuals for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class (“protected classes” as recognized by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Kentucky State Department of Fair Employment and Housing and Kentucky Labor Code).